Advanced functions not retained

Brendan Codrington shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

Hi! I've been finding that advanced functions aren't sticking - they will be working when the report is run (in draft or active) but when I edit the advanced function the option it is using isn't there, and I suspect it may have dropped off some report configurations (but I'm yet to prove that part!).

E.g. in the attached, there are no date functions showing, just text - as if it is treating the original advanced function result as a dimension?

I note there have been various fixes to advanced functions in different 7.4 patches but nothing appears to be directly related to this. The attached example is using build 20180313.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Brendan,

I hope all is well,

I have looked at this further and from what I can see this IS indeed a bug. Please see my findings below:

• I installed 7.4 20180313
  • I set up an Advanced Function, saved.
  • I went back to edit this Advanced Function, to which I was NOT allowed to select the other 2 options of Date & Time and Statistical. See Image below and Video 01:

9997c7943752694aa17050cb5479ea26

At this point I then looked at our latest 7.4 release:

• I installed 7.4.10 20190510
  • I set up an Advanced Function, saved.
  • I went back to edit this Advanced Function, to which I WAS allowed to select the other 2 options of Date & Time and Statistical. See Image below and Video 02:

f99da69e9e22989f75aafa3f71cda243

Because of my findings I would then recommend that you update to our latest 7.4.10, let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark, thanks for looking into this and confirming what looks like a bug in our version - and that later patches resolve it. It will help us move toward applying these patches.

Kind regards,

Brendan

photo

Hi Brendan,

Apologies for the delay in replying. I will now go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file