Abbreviate weekday names or add axis padding on week density chart

Joshua Baron shared this problem 4 years ago
Completed

Is there a way to either abbreviate the weekday names or add padding between the name and the vertical axis? No matter how big I make the chart, the axis label always runs into the chart (see attachment).

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for reaching out. There are no padding options in our charts or a way to abbreviate the weekday names. For most Chart Types I tested with, the values are always aligned evenly, but it looks like for this particular chart, if I use a custom font and make it larger, make it bold, etc., I can make it move behind the actual charting area:

/Xs17ww0OFDy740PZqHGmz7DgIeIiIiIiIiIiIiIiOjd0tmW9M8ubncY8BAREREREREREREREb1LOhtuvJdF47bf87ESERERERERERERERHRW2LAQ0REREREREREREREVMkw4CEiIiIiIiIiIiIiIqpkGPAQERERERERERERERFVMgx4iIiIiIiIiIiIiIiIKhkGPERERERERERERERERJUMAx4iIiIiIiIiIiIiIqJKhgEPERERERERERERERFRJcOAh4iIiIiIiIiIiIiIqJL5f9UpaPuIRWL2AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

And resizing it makes no difference. What does work is changing the font size:

As such, changing font size and/or not making the font bold are really the only suggestions I can make at this time.

I've gone ahead and logged a defect for this though - all chart types and font sizes I think should force the actual chart area an even distance from the last character of the label. Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards, Mike

photo

Thanks - I appreciate it!

photo

Hi Joshua,

You're welcome!

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file