How to access information pages for authenticated users

Victor Cardenas shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi, I followed the instructions to remove access to information pages for unauthenticated users as described in

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-to-remove-access-to-infomation-pages-for-unauthenticated-users-list-of-yellowfin-information-pages

It works perfectly to prevent access, but my understanding is that it should allow access after I am authenticated, but I am not able to see them even after login with the admin user. I keep getting 403 Forbidden.

Is that the expected behaviour or am I missing something?

Best Answer
photo

Hello Victor,

Thanks for clarifying this.

As per our documentation;

The contents of info.jsp is available to authenticated admin users through the admin console via the System Information link. The other info pages do not have any corresponding pages within the application.

The access to the info.jsp via appending it to the url becomes unavailable completely; however users with the correct permissions are still able to view this information via the GUI as mentioned in my last comment.

Please let me know if this information was useful.

Regards,

Jared

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Victor,

Thanks for reaching out with this question.

After making these changes, how is it you are attempting to access the information pages? Are you doing so by appending the relevant file to your instance address E.G:

<yellowfin>:<port>/info.jsp

Or is it through the UI like so:

/P+PLaDEHAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hi Jared.. I am doing it by appending the relevant file to my instance address: myurl/info.jsp, myurl/info_browser.jsp, etc. after login with admin in the same browser window.

photo

Hello Victor,

Thanks for clarifying this.

As per our documentation;

The contents of info.jsp is available to authenticated admin users through the admin console via the System Information link. The other info pages do not have any corresponding pages within the application.

The access to the info.jsp via appending it to the url becomes unavailable completely; however users with the correct permissions are still able to view this information via the GUI as mentioned in my last comment.

Please let me know if this information was useful.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Yes Jared, thanks!... that clarifies the expected behavior for me.

photo

Hello Victor,

Happy to be of help,

If there is any other issues or questions please feel free to ask or create a new ticket, otherwise is it appropriate to consider this question as answered?

Regards,

Jared

photo

Yes please, thanks.

photo

Hello Victor,

I will go ahead and close this as per your request.

As I said previously; please feel free to reach out with any other issues or questions.

Thanks,

Jared

Leave a Comment

Attach a file