Is it possible to export "Tabbed Co-Display" reports into separate excel sheet?

Sadi shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

When multiple reports are being linked as "Tabbed Co-Display" and this parent report is scheduled to broadcast in EXCEL format, we expect the tabbed reports should be exported into separate sheets in excel but it is currently exporting all in a single sheet instead.

Please note, reports with Top and Bottom Co-display doesn't have this issue and they are exported into XLS in separate sheets as expected.

On many occasions, Tabbed Co-Display report format is a requirement for us and our customers however because of this above mentioned issue, we need to link them as Top/Bottom co-display so it can be exported into XLS as desired.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Sadi,

Thanks for reaching out. Which build of Yellowfin are you currently on? In a previous ticket you indicated you were on 7.3 20170523.

I'm not sure whether this is still the case, but this has been a feature implemented as of the 7.3 January 2018 build.

Please update to our latest build of Yellowfin so that you may use this feature: https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/yf_latestbuild.jsp and let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

We are currently on Application Version:7.35, Build 20180226. So in theory this should be working but it is not. Could you double check if this was really implemented in January 2018?

We will be upgrading to 7.3.13 shortly to have another fix (separate issue). Can you confirm this build will also fix this tabbed report/excel export issue?

photo

If you schedule to broadcast this tabbed co-display report package, only the parent report will be delivered via XLSX. Other tabbed reports will not be added in the excel as separate sheets.

photo

Hi Sadi,

It seems the defect I was referring to was for Co-Display reports except for Tabbed Co-Display reports. Broadcasting tabbed co-display reports is indeed only exporting the parent report. If you simply Export the report it does work correctly in including the child reports in separate sheets. I am able to replicate this in latest builds of both 7.3 and 7.4 and have a logged a defect for this. I'll keep you posted on any potential updates regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Sadi,

Just writing to let you know this has been fixed and published in the latest build of 7.3.17, and will come to 8 series in 8.1 later in the later.

You can download latest builds of Yellowfin here.

Please download and upgrade and let me know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file