Time Series Axis and Tool-tip Configuration

Yoav Chen shared this idea 7 years ago
Idea Logged

When viewing Time Series charts in weeks the behavior of the Axis date and the Tool-Tip date differ. The Axis date of a week displays the date of the middle of the week (Tuesday), while the Tool-Tip of the week point will always display the starting week date (Sunday).

d87356acfc16d88ec98d564ac5708d2c

Can we implement a way to alter this behavior and make these dates align?

Replies (6)

photo

I would also ask why showing the middle of the week at all.

This is inconsistent with the other time units (months, quarters and years) that always show the period beginnings (1st of month/quarter/year).

photo

I noticed that the marked day in the X axis is not fixed and is different per chart.

We have charts that have Fridays marks and charts with Saturdays and some with Wednesday.

What is the logic behind the week markings?

photo

Relevant to 7.2 as well.

photo

Hi Yoav,

I wanted to let you know this is still under review and that I'll keep this post updated with any future developments in information.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi!

How has the review gone in 4 years? I can say that this issue is still present in YF 9. The only way to overcome this is to turn off Time Series. But it is abnormal to go over all reports to turn it off when the default settings are broken.

/f13bfe9ef71fa68452e1a56d2db286f7

Best wishes,

Jürgen

photo

Hi Jürgen,

Unfortunately as you have noted this is still ongoing. I have added you to the task so that if this does appear in a future version you will be notified.

Cheers,

Neal

Leave a Comment

Attach a file