Dashboard reports

Tal Mickel shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I am trying to build a query that retrieves for a given dashboard the list of all reports in that dashboard,

I tried to use ReportAssociate table but apparently it contains only dashboard reports that are linked to a father report in that dashboard (filters link). In case a report is not linked to any dashboard filters (the father report filters), the report won't show in the ReportAssociate table.

Where else can i see the connection between a dashboard ans its reports.

Thanks!

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Tal,

I hope all is well,

We have 3 options here.

Option 1

Query - See attached.

Option 2

Within your YF Instance, navigate to the following: Administration > Dashboard Management

Here you will have a list of all your dashboards, by clicking on any dashboard it will then give you a list of all the reports as well as other information that may be helpful. See below images:

ddca843fa61466e442d8c2ab51327f2d

ea8444ea1cd92727a0d114e2211925e3

It might also be worth looking at this link for more information: http://wiki.yellowfin.com.au/display/USER73/Dashboard+Management

Option 3

Create a report on top of the Yellowfin configuration database using the Admin Audit Package (you can select to include on install or download from our marketplace). Using this view you can create a report with "dashboard name" and "report name" as columns, to compare the various relationships through your Yellowfin therefore resulting in a lit of reports within the dashboard.

I hope this helps Tal and I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Thanks Mark,

Thanks for the detailed response.

The option i am looking for is option 1 so i will wait for the query.

Thanks again!

photo

Hi Tal,

I have since attached this Query. Please report back with an update on this. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mark

photo

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the query!

Can you give a short explanation on ReportGroupEntity table and the table logic?

Thanks!

photo

Hi Tal,

Sorry for the delay in responding. The ReportGroup and ReportGroupEntity tables are linked. The ReportGroup table is what tabs are in dashboards and what type of tab they are. The ReportGroupEntity, is what reports are in what tabs, although this sounds confusing this shows how they are linked and how they work together with the results to what you see within the YF UI. Does this make sense?

Regards,

Mark

photo
photo

Hi Tal,

I hope all is well,

I am going to go ahead and mark this Question as Answered. I hope this is ok.

Regards,

Mark

Leave a Comment

Attach a file