Migration 7.4 to 8

Vikas Bhorhari shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

After migration, graph display is not properly.

Refer attached

Replies (9)

photo

Hello Vikas,

Thank you for reaching out with this question.

Did the take place after an upgrade of Yellowfin? Or is this the result of exporting a report and importing it to a newer instance?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Jared

photo

this is result of exporting a report and importing it to a newer version.

photo
photo

Hello Vikas,

Thanks you for the clarification. To get more granular; Is this being done via .yfx or .csv export?

If importing via .yfx file are there any alert icons showing up in the alerts section?

/w+Pbz00YsTIzAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

importing via .yfx file with no Alert

photo
photo

Hello Vikas,

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it possible you could upgrade the instance you are migrating from to match the version you are attempting to migrate content to? Doing so, and then "migrating" the content may alleviate what you are seeing.

If this is not possible I would suggest making sure the chart settings are correct and configured accordingly.

The import/export functionality isn't necessarily intended for this use case as it has been known to maim reports settings in some manner (as it did in this case). This is why you should be encountering a message like the following:

/wPqNnALkKFncwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

however its more intended to move projects from test environments to staging/production environments.

This use case is still valid it just may require extra work to return a chart to display the desired results.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Yes,While importing we are getting as mention msg.

For testing purpose this time we are upgrading 7.4 to 8 version than try.

photo

Hello Vikas,

To clarify, did you attempt this after upgrading to 8 from 7.4?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Jared

photo

Facing same issue after upgrade 7.8 to 8 and new YF 8 env.

Attached is my observation it will help you to understand the issue

photo

Hello Vikas,

Is the data within the reports changing? Is the report that is failing a multi-chart report?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Is the data within the reports changing? NO

Is the report that is failing a multi-chart report? Yes

photo
photo

Hello Vikas,

Thanks answering those 2 questions.

Something you can try is to put a value in the "Line Thickness" box in the chart series configuration menu:

/z+MTxSGgzLNlgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

This may force the rendering of the line.

If its possible, could you generate this report in the newer instance to see if this issue is present with a chart that isn't being exported/imported?

Please let me know if the suggestion works and if the issue is present with a chart that isn't imported.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Hello Vikas,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Jared

photo

I have changed all graphs manually.

Thanks.

photo

Hello Vikas,

Thanks for the update.

I wanted to ask if the suggested line thickness setting was the solution that fixed the issue.

If this problem is solved please let me know if its okay to mark this question as answered.

Please feel free to reach out with any other issues and questions.

Thanks,

Jared

photo

Thanks for your support.

Close the ticket

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file