Calculate from filter value

Claire shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

The problem I am trying to solve:

User selects a range of months for provider productivity. Each provider has a $ Goal associated with them. There is a Year to Date Goal column that can change based on what they select. Example: Jan-Mar has YTD Goal for March, where Feb-Jun has YTD Goal for Jun.

I've tried a lot of different ways to figure this out but nothing has worked so far. The last thing I tried was to have the user enter a Start month and an End month, then I do a max on Month and multiply that by the base goal to get the YTD Goal (ex. goal is 1,000, End Month is July so Goal YTD is 7,000).

Then I found that some providers don't have services yet for that month. If they are missing July data, the YTD goal is multiplied by 6 for that provider instead of 7.

If I could calculate based on the End Month instead of the individual provider, then my YTD Goal would be correct for everyone. Open to other suggestions if I am just missing something.

Final output:

Provider A--------YTD Goal

Provider B--------YTD Goal

etc.

Thanks,

Travis

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Travis,

You want to use a parameter for as of dates. You'll then be able to use the built in functions like date difference, etc. I don't have access to Yellowfin anymore but that's what you need to do.

photo

Hi Travis,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your question. Larry is spot on here (thanks for the input as always Larry!) - here's some additional information about the Yellowfin Parameter class -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/Parameters

Does this functionality help you achieve the results you're looking for?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thank you both, this is exactly what I needed!

Travis

photo

Happy to help, Travis! I will go ahead and mark this as answered, have a great day!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file