Client Org created with client_ref_id but doesn't show up

Ellen Kim shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

Hello,

I've created a new client organization with the client reference id = 165.

However, it is not showing up as a new instance AND it won't let me recreate the client with that ID because it already exists somewhere on the backend.

I've attached 3 screen shots.

IMAGE A: shows you the error message I get when I try to create the client_reference_id = 165. "A Client already exists with this Reference ID"

IMAGE B: This client id that supposedly exists does not show up in the client organization list.

IMAGE C: This client doesn't show up in the list of multi-tenant login options.

Please help

Thank you,

Ellen

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

I went looking in the backend for this Client Reference ID, so I made a couple of client organizations -

e88bf033da2541d34091d663ce6f7032

I was able to find it as internalreferenceid in the iprltshp table -

5c0266e6c2bfa3122be04022cfde16fb

Would you be able to check to see whether this column has a 165 anywhere on your affected instance?

It looks like there are a number of client orgs in your instance, as a test I deleted an org and observed that it remained in the table, with a flag -

63ea621b086651ad2c90948ce99eca20

Using my overactive imagination, perhaps there was previously a 165 that did not get properly "removed" in the process. Or something like that.

Let me know what you find here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

I'm going to have to pass this to our system administrator.

Can you please give me step by step directions for where we can find this configuration and your suggestion on how we can reactivate Reference Client Id = 165 OR how we can hard delete this client id so that I can set it up again.

Thanks,

Ellen

photo

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for the reply..

You can find this configuration in the Yellowfin configuration database. Depending on how you installed the application, this could be on the application server itself, or on a different RDBMS server. You can find this location by looking at the JDBC Url in the <Yellowfin>\appserver\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\web.xml configuration file.

Using a client to connect to the RDBMS, you can navigate to the Yellowfin Database, and locate the iprltshp table, and view the data. This could also be accomplished by a SELECT query. The exact syntax will vary depending on the RDBMS type.

From here, you would want to look at the "internalreferenceid" column to see if there is a 165 anywhere in the column. this could also be accomplished via a WHERE clause.

I'd like to hear the results of this search before proceeding, but I would believe you would find a row with this internalreferenceid of 165 listed in the table. From there you could either adjust the enddate column to a past date and mark endreasoncode as DELETED, or delete the row itself; in both cases this removed the client organization from the list and allowed me to add the reference id in my testing.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Ellen,

Just wanted to check in to see how you made out with this issue?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Yes we were able to resolve this. Thank you so much for your guidance!

photo

Glad to hear it Ellen!

Thanks for the reply. I will go ahead and mark this ticket as Resolved. Feel welcome to reach out in the future!

Best,

Eric

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file