Yellowfin not picking up field names in calculation

Matt King shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

Hi,

I am attempting to create a custom calculated field in a report using the "Freehand SQL" option, but Yellowfin is not recognising the name of one of the columns involved. I've tried a number of variations on the column name/indicators that it is a column name (e.g. "Days In Port", 'Days In Port',[Days In Port], Days_In_Port etc.)

The "Days In Port" column is calculated in the view underlying the report. The "Maximum Possible Days" column is calculated in the report and is of Date type.

I have attached an image of the calculation I am attempting and the error message I receive. Any thoughts/solutions appreciated.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch. Depending on the view and datasource, it can be that the you need to also specify the table you are refering to. What I tend to do, is pull in the column I want to create a calculation on into the report, click the "View SQL" at the bottom and see what the query is that Yellowfin would build using this column as such

3f3e709aea5aaef9a1993036dd82f28band then when I build the Freehand SQL Calculation I use this as follows.

7d6312f8139e222276b4f7d1108f791aPlease try this and let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Matt,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your help, that seems to have resolved the issue.

photo

HI Matt,

This is great news. I will mark this as Resolved, but if you need any further help please let me know.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file