Disable automatic refresh when a Dashboard was open

Guest shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi,

at the Moment the Dashboard are automaticly refreshed with the Standard filters. It would be nice, when we can configure, if a Dashboard automaticly refresh or Manual refresh from a user.

Replies (13)

photo

Hello Carsten,

Thanks for reaching out with your Idea. At present it's possible to define 'Autorun Report on Load', which defines whether the report loads automatically when a user loads it. When this is not enabled the report does not run until the user clicks 'Go' on the filters pane.

5a0ae94fc14b5e34c0149dabb85390cc

There is also an option to set this per report at a Dashboard level:

64d309bc3bca1179a265a0cb4ffad3d2

The above will only refresh the report data when the tab is loaded, or upon updating the filters and clicking Go.

Does this sound like what you're after?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

I'm experiencing something different using 7.3. It seems that the autorun feature is ignored for reports on the dashboard. Also, when the report runs, it ignores the default filters.

photo
photo

Hi,

ee have some Dashboard, where are many datas in. So it would be nice, when we can also configure that the Dashboard doesn't refresh when its loaded.

photo

Hi Carsten,

Another option is to set the Reports contained on the dashboard to refresh on a schedule. This is possible for reports that don't contain user-prompt filters, and can be accessed on the 'Refresh' tab when publishing a report:

eb6d43987721e6a8860e11e428032d22

Reports on the dashboard with this set should provide the behavior you're seeking.

Does this particular choice fit your scenario?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi,

no not really. ;-)

I think the best way is, that the user must go on "run" to "refresh/activate" the reports on the Dashboard.

photo

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the reply. While the report caching is much more involved in configuration than your proposed Dashboard-level solution, it can be used as a way to achieve the functionality you're after. Since Dashboards are collections of Reports, configuring this at a Report level is the current solution to the above scenario.

In the meantime, I've logged your Idea and will keep this post updated on further information regarding whether it's chosen for future development. My suggestion will be in the form of a cache of sorts that will show the last state of the Dashboard as it was run. If I've misunderstood your suggestion please let me know.

Thank you,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Do you know if this idea has been implemented, we are looking for a way to disable the auto refresh the dashboards. Disabling auto-run on report level do not help us.

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

Hope things are well with you, I will be taking this up as Ryan has shifted to a security role... I checked up on the idea for you; unfortunately there have been no updates to provide at this time, however I have gone ahead an requested one on your behalf. Will follow up when I get a response.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the response. It would be great if you could share the RFE ID or the link.

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

No problem. ID for this task is YFN-8395.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hello,

Are there any updates on this request? I have dashboards with some complex reports that take a long time to load and they load much faster after filters are applied. Currently, users have to wait until all of the reports load and then apply their filters.

Regards,John

photo

Hi John,

No updates to the task to report at this time, I have left another comment on your behalf and let you know if I get a reply. You may have success in the meantime by attempting the previously mentioned suggestions as a workaround.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi,

Just wondering if there is any update on this? Or perhaps a workaround has been discovered?

We're facing the same issue where a complex dashboard is taking a long time to load when opened. The user just wants to add values to the filters and run it then but it's a bit of pain having to wait every time you open the dash

Thanks

Dean

photo

Hi Dean,

No updates to report on this at this time unfortunately, however you can reach out to an account manager to request an escalation on task ID YFN-8395 if you'd like to see some movement on this.

Thanks,
Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file