Go to Field in Field List when click in Table Body Fields list

Jess Bugarin shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

When a Field is selected in the either of the Table Body Fields lists, the Field List on the left should focus on that field. It should expand the right folder and scroll to focus on that field.

This would be helpful while building reports when you know you need a field that is located near that field, to make navigating to it quicker.

Example: The Field List on the view has 10 folders with up to 30 fields in any folder. The report already has a "State" field in the Table Body Fields list. You wish to add "County". Rather than navigating to the folder and scrolling to the field, click on "State" in the Table Body Fields list, and that field will be focused on in the Field List on the left. Then you can drag and drop "County" which is near it, into the Table Body Fields.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Jess,

Thanks for reaching out with your Idea. Just so I understand this better, and to try to perhaps put this more succinctly to put it forth for consideration - basically, what you're looking for is a mechanism whereby you can easily locate in the field list a field that's already been dragged into the report.

Does my understanding seem to be correct here? If so, I'm thinking either double-clicking a field in the report builder or adding a 'Locate in Field List' menu option when clicking the arrow found next to the field name may work here, though of course specifics in terms of implementation would ultimately be up to the dev team.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Yes. That's what I'm asking for. With the purpose of grabbing other fields that are nearby to it, without having to dig for them.

Double click would work probably. The menu option is good too, although I'd say in addition to double click. If it was the only option I wouldn't find it as helpful as the double click. Dealing with the menu takes more finesse and slows you down when trying to jam through building/editing something.

photo

Hi Jess,

Thanks for confirming. I've noted your preference for the double-click method in the task I created. I've gone ahead and logged this Idea for future consideration.

Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file