Reports with multiple charts do not show on a dashboard with no error message

Johnathon Warren shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

Version: 8.0.1

Build: 20190320

Test and screenshot attached.

A report with 2 charts is added to a dashboard. Instead of any error message, a blank report appears on the dashboard. Confused our users for a while, until I could look into it and discovered that the multiple charts were the cause of the problem.

Without any message explaining why, this appears to simply be a bug.

Regards,

Best Answer
photo

Hi Johnathon,

Thanks for reaching us.

I have imported the .yfx file, opened the Dashboard and couldn't see the Charts and when I opened the Report, I couldn't see the charts on the Report itself.

See below picture:

I am just wondering if the charts were there before I imported it?

I understand you had 2 charts and used a Canvas to place the charts on it.

So I have edited the report, added the Charts onto the Report Canvas and published it and then I can see them on the Dashboard:

/x8fFyybummpqa9Zs25xcWbdiw4WqfNWs7NTU1JZvWF6zNF7J1QAPoSQA0rrKycsuWLXZ8wS1btsg3GQKgefQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZf8PE47R+Qmo4+QAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

On the Dashboard:

/A+Pd82ZTTqjPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

My question is did you import and found this issue of missing charts on the Dashboard?

If Yes, then I will test in that direction to try to replicate the issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Johnathon,

Thanks for reaching us.

I have imported the .yfx file, opened the Dashboard and couldn't see the Charts and when I opened the Report, I couldn't see the charts on the Report itself.

See below picture:

I am just wondering if the charts were there before I imported it?

I understand you had 2 charts and used a Canvas to place the charts on it.

So I have edited the report, added the Charts onto the Report Canvas and published it and then I can see them on the Dashboard:

/x8fFyybummpqa9Zs25xcWbdiw4WqfNWs7NTU1JZvWF6zNF7J1QAPoSQA0rrKycsuWLXZ8wS1btsg3GQKgefQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZfQkAAAAZf8PE47R+Qmo4+QAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

On the Dashboard:

/A+Pd82ZTTqjPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

My question is did you import and found this issue of missing charts on the Dashboard?

If Yes, then I will test in that direction to try to replicate the issue.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Interesting... Yeah, I must have missed that step in creating this example.

The user who pointed out this issue to me did have the charts set up on the canvas... When I opened the reports themselves I did see the charts.

Might be the user hadn't organised the charts on the canvas properly. Normally when showing charts on a dashboard it will automatically resize them to fit the available space, and that doesn't happen here? We must have both been confused by this.

Honestly, not a feature I've used before, so not a potential issue I was aware of.

Thank you very much for your prompt and informative response.

photo

Thanks for your reply Johnathon.

Yes charts, doesn't get resized in the Dashboard, you need to make the Panel bigger on the Dashboard to fit both the charts.

Please let me know if you have any issues or questions.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Johnathon,

Hope you are doing well.

Just doing a followup to see if I mark this as answered.

Please feel free to reply back if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo

It is answered. Thank you.

photo

Thanks for confirming Johnathon.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file