R visuals

Vefa Gulecyuz shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi guys, how can I use R visuals in my reports? Is it possible? If not, do you think it can be added as a feature?

Regards,

Vefa

Replies (15)

photo

Hi Vefa,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried using our R plugin on the Yellowfin Marketplace? This plugin allows you to integrate and use R scripts in the platform. These scripts can be applied to your data to provide advanced statistical results via the Data Transformation module’s transformation steps.

Please take a look at this and let me know if this may be used to accomplish what you're after.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike, yes I have been using R plugin but as far as see this is for taking inputs as tables, making transformations and giving output, again as a table.

I want to have a chart/visualization as an output of an R script. For example Yellowfin reports has a JavaScript Chart option. I would like to have the same functionality with R. Charts as an output of a R script. Is that possible?

Regards,

Vefa

photo

Hi Vefa,

Thanks for your response and for clarifying. This is not currently possible in Yellowfin.

What I can do is change this Question to an Idea item and submit an internal enhancement request for same. That said, in the name of being forthcoming, I do find it highly unlikely this would be considered for development any time soon, but I'm still happy to ahead and do so. Please let me know.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike, that sounds fine! Thanks for the reply!

photo

Hi Vefa,

Great, thanks for confirming, and for the idea! I've gone ahead and converted this to an Idea item and submitted an internal enhancement request for this.

Any potential updates regarding this will be posted here.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Vefa,

There is actually a way to call R functions from JS Charts. I've attached a PDF explaining how to do this.

Please do note however, that Support can't really assist with trouble shooting scripting. Either way though, please let me know how you get on with this and whether you have any questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike! Thanks a lot! I will try it out!

photo

Hi Vefa,

Great! Please let me know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike, I was able to call R functions from JS charts, as stated in the PDF. It worked out.

photo

Hi Vefa,

Great, thanks for confirming. I'll go ahead and close this case out then.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike, this connection works for the simple plot functions but when I try to use more advanced graphs (packages like ggplot2 and leaflet), I can not get the visuals in my JS preview. (in the report builder.)

Can someone help me with this?

Regards,

Vefa

photo

Hi Vefa,

Thanks for reaching back out. Unfortunately, as stated in one of my previous replies, Support can't really assist with this. If you'd like to discuss Consulting options, you may reach out to your Account Manager, which I believe is Jean Lawson, to discuss options. The R plugin and R integration with JS Charts was created entirely by just one of our Consultants and he's the only one with R knowledge to boot, as far as I'm aware. Sorry Support can't be of much more help here. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed here.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Vefa,

Considering my latest reply, I'm going to go ahead and close this out, but should you require Consulting assistance, please keep in mind you may reach out to your Account Manager to discuss options, and please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns on other aspects of the application

Regards,

Mike

photo

Ok Mike, Thanks for the suggestion!

photo

Hi Vefa,

You're welcome!

Regards, Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file