Silent Installation Failing To Find Installpath

Jared Holtgrewe shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

This is my Silent installation

C:\<yellowfin>java -jar "<yellowfininstaller>" -silent "C:\<yellowfin.properties>"

action.adminuser.username=admin action.adminuser.password="YeLLOW"Fin"

action.adminuser.email=yellowfin@yellowfin.com option.installpath="C:/<YellowfinInstallPath>

When I parse this through the command prompt I get an error.

Missing key: option.installpath

Replies (1)

photo

This is occurring because you have an unescaped quote on the action.adminuser.password argument. thus creating a new string which includes the installpath argument.

When performing post-installation arguments during a silent installation in the Windows command prompt, it is recommended that any of the values entered do not contain double quotes as this will close or open a string and obfuscate anything contained within, even other arguments you may be attempting to parse.

action.adminuser.password="test"
The above command will set the admin password to test. If the value we wanted to set the password as contained a double quote:

action.adminuser.password="te"st"
the administrator password would then be te. The third quote as mentioned previously is signalling the beginning of a new string. It is best practice to never let there be an unescaped quote within a command line argument. Following this practice should help prevent any unwanted errors during silent installations of Yellowfin.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file