datamasrt page loadings slow

arthur.rodos shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello Yulia, hope you’ve been well, and had a good new years ..

Just a query, I’ve asked Ban/Ananth ..perhaps you might have some advice too..? noticing on how pages are loading quite slowly .. and interestingly, seems when trying to re-load the pages on the datamart yellowfin for PROD …it shows a combination of both oracle & JVM resources being highly used in the performance monitoring using Newrelic ..

It will be good to see, for all levels covered ..

1/ Application level – yellowfin application – to see if there’s a page booster mechanism at the app yellowfin application level ..?

2/ Database level – oracle database - SQL queries to be fully optimised for optimised response and throughtput times.

3/ Server Hosting level – linux server – to see if anything else needs to be optimised, parameters at this level..?

Many thanks & kind regards,

Arthur Rodos

Arthur Rodos | Data Architect

Information Technology - Infrastructure & Applications

Level 3, 1 Innovation Road; Macquarie University; NSW 2109; Australia

t: +61 2 9850 1622 | e: arthur.rodos@mq.edu.au |w: www.mq.edu.au

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Arthur,

Yulia has asked me to respond to your query.

1) I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a page booster mechanism, if you mean like a "turbo" button then there isn't really such a thing, however at the application level there are some other things we can do to improve performance but it just depends on what is the root cause of the poor performance.

2) At the database level there is certainly a way to optimise the SQL queries, it is on the Model page of the View Builder and may be found in View Options->Performance->Optimise View:

/fXAil+1RLBfD+xLQMkNRNhfRUXtrPpjAAAAgC7xdzkDhWrPms0OAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

3) At the server level of course there are the processors and memory that will contribute to the level of performance of yellowfin, keeping mind that if you increase the server's memory then that will allow you to increase the JVM's maximum heap size if need be.

However, having said all that, it is important to be aware that performance may arise from many totally different causes, so we definitely must firstly identify what is the root cause of your performance issue. And the best way to do that is by using our InfoThreadRunner utility as follows:

1) Set it to capture 1 info_thread snapshot per second for a period that is longer than it takes for the problem Yellowfin page takes to load

2) Then set it running and then get the Yellowfin problem page to load

3) When it has completed zip up all of the resulting HTML info_thread snapshot pages and send them across to me so I can thoroughly analyse them.

In nearly all cases this troubleshooting process will correctly identify the root cause of the issue, especially if you could also send across all log files from the folder <yellowfin>/appserver/logs that cover that same period that you ran the InfoThreadRunner for, then I will be able to cross-reference them if need be.

thanks,

David

photo

Hi Arthur,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from us on this?

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Arthur,

Hope you're well.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Arthur, hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity.However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file