Conditional Formatting Text Format

Jess Bugarin shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

I'd like to have my conditional formatting not rely on color, but on Bold or Italics. This allows me to use alternating row colors without having to fight for colors that work together. And it allows me to build conditional formatting that I know will work for colorblind viewers.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Jess,

Thanks for reaching out. What build of 7.3 are you in? You can find this information under Application Details in your info.jsp file, which can be accessed by appending '/info.jsp' to your login URL. For example, localhost:8080/info.jsp. You can also find this info under Administration > System Information.

This is possible to do in 7.4, and I believe in 7.35 as well:

/wOgOTVlhHIJxgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Jess,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Jess,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Sorry, I wasn't seeing my notifications and I'm trying to catch up. Been buried in go-live for this system, which we're live now.

The build is 20180418. This is a BMC instance.

Attached is what I see when in the Advanced option in Conditional Formatting.

photo

Hi Jess,

After testing in Smart Reporting I can see these options are not available in 7.3, but are found in Version 8.

7.3:

Version 8:

/wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I'm afraid the only option here to obtain this functionality would be to upgrade. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Ok, well that's sort of good news. I'll make note of this. Alas, I don't think we're getting v8 any time soon, but this will be on the supporting list of reasons when we work with the intermediary vendor.

Thank you!

photo

Hi Jess,

You're welcome! I'll go ahead and mark this case Answered for now, this considered, but please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file