Is there a way to merge data sources?

Siim Neljandik shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Due to an import error, we have 2 data sources that are set up exactly the same way. Is there a way to merge the two into one or move views to one of the sources?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Siim,

Thanks for reaching out. There's no way to merge data sources - one of them will have to be deleted. There may be a way to move a View via back-end queries, but I think the quickest and safest method of addressing this issue would be to export any non-duplicate content from the duplicate data source, then perform a custom import of said export file, completing the import by changing the data source to the pre-existing data source. You can delete the duplicated content/data source either immediately after generating the export file, or after performing the custom import.

Please let me know how goes or whether you have any follow-up questions on this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Siim,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this. Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

Sadly due to the number of reports and views needing movement, it would take too long to move them with the export/import, that's why I was wondering about merging the sources themselves.

The only "issue" this is currently causing is that any updates to access filter list needs to be done twice, so anything that will take a long time or is dangerous is not worth it.

All the best

Siim

photo

Hi Siim,

Unfortunately, re-configuring these options manually in the new environment is the only option at this time. I can understand your difficulty in having to reconfigure non-report related items when importing/exporting. There is an existing idea for this to be possible, which would make this process quicker and easier for you for sure: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/ability-to-export-non-reporting-objects-from-dev-to-prod

You can reference that Idea for future updates. If this is something you'd be interested in, feel free to vote and/or comment with why you'd like this functionality implemented, in the Idea task. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Siim,

I just wanted to check in and see if you needed anything else here.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Siim,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file