How to update view using yellowfin webservice & refresh.

Vishal Lahane shared this idea 4 years ago
Not Planned

Hi Team,

View name (AR system form name) changed in data source but yellowfin using old view name [ReportView table] . How we can update the old view with new view name(AR system form) using yellowfin webservice & refresh report so that new view should get reflated after refresh the report.

Thanks

Vishal

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

It sounds like the issue as its base-

A view name has been changed at the Data Source Level.

This view name change is not reflected in Yellowfin.

you are looking for a way to apply this change via webservice upon a report's refresh.

Some questions -

-Could you provide screenshots of the name change and the resulting unexpected behavior?

-Could you explain what you mean by (Ar system form)?

-Could you provide step-by step details of what you are doing and your objective for the purpose of replication?

photo

Hi Eric,

-Could you provide screenshots of the name change and the resulting unexpected behavior?

select * from reportview;

In old yellowfin database(reporting) suppose view name was A pointing to old data source.

In latest data source now table is renamed to B but still yellowfin database (reporting) has A table thus eventually yellowfin(reporting) application will not found A table in data source.

-Could you explain what you mean by (Ar system form)?

you can say it's a table in data source (or database table is a form).

- Could you provide step-by step details of what you are doing and your objective for the purpose of replication?

Now we wanted rename A table to B table in yellowfin database (Reporting) how to process it. how we can rename the view name from reportview table please provide a best practice of doing this task.

Actually data source is updated its table name(renamed) it's another application.

Let me know if you got the problem.

Thanks,

Vishal

photo

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for the additional info.

I was able to fix a report that had a renamed table at the db level by renaming in the view builder -

85506cbb3243cff9b19691f443033618

765e92165a9837366a8bf6e40ba62b4b

3c85f6e6f8fabb78aba3639be82a31be

e03e9c46dc819c3f626c1b312d4dd407

There doesn't appear to be a way to rename a view's table using web services at this time, however. Would you like me to raise an enhancement request for developers to potentially include this functionality in a future build?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

We don't wanted to user to change manually, As you shown change old source name to new source name. Can we do it through webservice call. If we can do it through UI means so webservice call made by yellowfin application check if we already have this or not?

Thanks,

Vishal

photo

Hi Vishal,

I will double check with developers to see if there is an undocumented solution to this, and will provide an update. if there is not, I will proceed to create an enhancement request on your behalf.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

Thanks waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Vishal

photo

Hi Vishal,

I have gone ahead and created a enhancement request to developers to provide the functionality you are seeking. Updates to the request will be provided here aas they are available. I will in turn mark this as Idea Logged; feel welcome to reply to this ticket with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Eric,

if we change directly through DB update query & restart the tomcat like

update ReportView set ViewName='new_view' where ViewName='old_view'

can we do like this. I guess your image operation might doing the same thing.

It worked for me.

Thanks for creating idea, please add this functionality through webservice we don't wanted to update though the DB query.

Thanks,

Vishal

photo

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you have found a workaround in the meantime. I will keep you updated on the developer enhancement request here.

Best,

Eric

photo

Hi,

The workround not working when calculated fields are used. Can you check what SQL queries do we need to issue to update the view with new name. Meantime as there know webservice for this.

Thanks,

Vishal

photo

Hi Vishal,

I've been asked to provide a use case to developers for this enhancement, would you be able to provide this to better clarify the situation?

Also, I am waiting for a reply from development for a statement that would provide the functionality you are seeking, however, changes to the back end as this are not fully supported or tested against, and it's hard to gauge the long-term impact these type of adjustments can have on the system. Please make sure you have quality tested backups when attempting these types of modifications.

Thanks,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file