Dashboard - Export list

Kalaiselvan shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

When i choose 'Export List' in Dashboard export option, it seems not working, i am landing back same page again. Is it a bug or any setting to be checked?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for getting in touch. This is by design and yes it does look like nothing has happened however; If you click on the Export List, it simply adds this to the Export Page under Administration. Please see video for example showing you what it is doing. Any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your swift response and video reference. So it means 'Export List' option related with Export/Import by admin part. It is allowing to export as .yfx file, not as a Doc, xlsx or PDF.

Just want to understand this, why this option enabled under Dashboard Export option. Is that mean anything?

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

This is correct. It is allowing to export as a yfx. It is basically just an easy option to allow export of dashboards rather than going into the Admin interface first and working it out. The option is also available under the Export of a report for the same reason.

i.e

f40f7305cf32f101b83cbae2fcd99a13

Hopefully this makes sense, but let me know if it does not.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Just checking in again on this to see if you need any further help or are happy for me to close this off?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

I mean about 'Export' like report export to see the output and share to other users. but this export list is something different for the users, which don't make meaning this option in the list of the Export option.

Like for me when i click i didn't find any response, so every user can't raise a ticket/question to clarify this . My opinion - either this should not be in the list or should show some description about this option when i hover this option in the dashboard.

Let me know my opinion is making meaning or not.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Yes I understand this completely and you are quite correct saying that the information about this is not clear in anyway and should have more information either surrounding what it does or located in a different link etc. I will raise this with the DEV team as an IDEA/Enhancement and hopefully they will be able to do something to make this less confusing.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Thanks Paul.

Looking forward your response. And i hope this can be done immediately, not sure how difficult it is to develop/implement.

Thanks

Kalailselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

This has now been raised as an idea within this ticket: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/export-list-does-not-appear-to-do-anything-when-clicked

I will close this question off and continue to monitor the DEV ticket. When there is movement on this I will let you know.

Thank you,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file