Could not acquire change log lock.

Pratap Singh shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Getting this error while trying to update yellowfin. as I can see it's due to some DATABASECHANGELOGLOCK table where to find this table./x8v7uYyVygoTAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Regards

Pratap

Best Answer
photo

Hi Pratap,

Is this a production server or a test/dev server?

It sounds as though the upgrade was running and something caused the lock (possibly something else trying to use the DB) which causes the upgrade to fail. Was Yellowfin shutdown properly before the upgrade?

For whatever reason however, the lock record has not been cleared from the DB.

You should be able to manually clear the row from the ChangeLockTable and all should be well. As always, please backup the DB prior to making any manual changes.

Check the TABLE

SELECT * FROM databasechangeloglock;

Clear the ROW

DELETE FROM databasechangeloglock where id=1;

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Paul

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Pratap,

Is this a production server or a test/dev server?

It sounds as though the upgrade was running and something caused the lock (possibly something else trying to use the DB) which causes the upgrade to fail. Was Yellowfin shutdown properly before the upgrade?

For whatever reason however, the lock record has not been cleared from the DB.

You should be able to manually clear the row from the ChangeLockTable and all should be well. As always, please backup the DB prior to making any manual changes.

Check the TABLE

SELECT * FROM databasechangeloglock;

Clear the ROW

DELETE FROM databasechangeloglock where id=1;

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for quick response, got it

/H99R19133DEVAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Regards

Pratap

photo

Hi Pratap,

No problems and glad you found it. Can you also confirm if this fixed the problem for you.

Cheers,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks, fixed the problem.

Regards

Pratap

photo
photo

Hi Pratap,

That is great news. I will mark this as completed, but please get back to me if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file