Passing google API key via webservice

YF Distributor South Africa shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Guys,

I am trying to display the google map chart via a webservice using SOAP UI however it comes out blank.

Is there a way that I can pass the Google map API key in the tags?

Regards,

Lebo

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Lebo,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. It would be helpful if you would provide some additional detail around exactly what you're working with here, and whether the maps work in the UI.

I presume you're working with Report Services, and I don't see any way to pass a Google map API in via this manner.

That being said, this should be a global setting, found under 'Administration' > 'Content Settings' > 'Chart Setings' > 'Map Settings':

a55bff107f7f8ac1476754947a16f94c

Can you confirm whether you have this properly defined here, and also what process you're using to call the Google Maps chart from Yellowfin?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Everything is set up properly in Yellowfin and the chart displays as it should.

/dQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I have done the request in SOAP UI and it looks like this.

My output looks like this.

/NzMGwdskFi+6ECbAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Of which it doesn't show the google GIS Map.

My question then is, how can I get the google map to display in the webservice?

Regards,

Lebo

photo

Hi Lebo,

Thanks for the confirmation. Please note that the implementation of Report Services to display Yellowfin reports or charts isn't explicitly covered under the Yellowfin Support Contract.

That being said, I've done some digging here and think what you're experiencing is a limitation of the Google Maps API, noted with sharing or broadcasting Google Maps reports. I've questioned this with our Development Team and will update you here with a confirmation as able.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Lebo,

Thanks for your patience here. After reviewing this further, I do believe this to be a limitation of the Google Maps API. Said API is restricted to a character limit when generating a static image. It's likely that this has been exceeded in your case. I've also reproduced this same behavior in my environment here.

Since this is a limitation of the Google Maps API there's not much we can do from a Yellowfin perspective to resolve this.

The good news is that you have a couple of options to use in place of this:

1. Use GIS Maps instead.
  2. Embed any Google Maps Charts using JSAPI instead.

I understand this may not be the news you were hoping for. Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

Regards,

Ryan

photo

Hi Lebo,

I wanted to check in and see if you had any further questions on this.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Lebo,

I haven't heard back from you on this for some time now. I'm going to mark this as Answered, however if you have further questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file