Cannot find the specific field in YellowFin from data source like custom dimension/metrics in GA

Ho Lai Yee shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

cannot find the custom dimension/metrics that created in GA to put into the view setting of the data source. Dunno why.

Anyone know this? or link GA with YF before?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Ho Lai,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am not 100% sure what you mean by GA. Are you talking about Google Analytics or something else. Are you able to elaborate on the problem a little more so I can better understand the issue.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Ya. Is Google Analytics. Data source is Google Analytics. Once I created, most default fields are inside the View. But I want to include some custom dimensions that created under GA into the View, but cannot find those in YF. Not sure the problem is.

photo
photo

Hi Ho Lai,

The Google Analytics Connector includes the core / key values as installed, however as this is a Connector there is no option (in this case) for custom dimensions, which is why you cannot see them. Please let me know if this makes sense. The only options you have is to add fields or folders.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Ya, correct.. then how i am going to add custom dimensions in Google Analytics Connector for YellowFin?

So I can add those fields back into YellowFin?

photo
photo

Hi Ho Lai,

Unfortunately this is a limitiation of the connector. All I can suggest is to raise this as an enhancement and see what the Dev team can do in this case.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

You means there is limitation of the connector in YellowFin? not GA right?

Where I can raise the enhancement ticket in YF?

Thanks.

photo
photo

Hi Ho Lai,

This is correct. I can raise one for you if you like or you can do this also. I have attached a quick video showing you how to raise an IDEA.

Please let me know either way.

Thank you,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for it. I have created a new ticket under IDEA. I hope they can enhance it soon. As really need the custom dimension in my report.

Thanks for your help also.

photo
photo

Hi Ho Lai,

That's great. I can see the idea in the system. I will close this ticket off for now and commence sending the information to the DEV's using the IDEA ticket and follow up communication using that. If there is something else you need with this ticket, please just respond back here.

Thank you,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file