Stacked column chart for moving average data

Anggono Nugroho shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

I am trying to chart a stacked column type for variables with 4-month moving average advanced function applied (please see attached file and plugin I use). I play around with the setting of horizontal axis (i.e. month) and the filter to get rid of the first 3 month data (which are empty because of moving average calculation), but not succeeded.

I also attached the structure data I currently use.

Is there a way to show the chart without the first 3 months?

Thanks!

Anggono

Notes: YF build: 20181113

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Anggono,

Thanks for reaching out. I was seeing this too using, ironically, "Moving Average (Corrected)":

/V4pmx7AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

No matter what I did with the filtering the first three values were blank.

If I use the standard "Moving Average" though, it seems to work:

Which one are you attempting to use? If not the regular Moving Average, please try with that one and let me know if you're still seeing this issue.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Anggono,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Sorry. I thought I have replied this last week.

In the end, we use the corrected moving average plugin and combine it with 'set-analysis' in charting to skip the missing month figures. We notice that the computation of moving average in the plugin is the correct one (vs. the built-in advanced function).

Thanks.

Anggono

photo

Hi Anggono,

Understood. Thanks for providing your solution here.

I'll go ahead and close this case out for now then if you don't have any other questions, but if you do, if you respond the ticket willl re-open and I'll be happy to assist further.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file