Export & Import report

Ronnie Abrahiem shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Can we Export & Import reports between different yellowfin versions. For example; I created report in 7.1 version and I want to import this report in 7.3 Is that possible. Thanks

Is there a procedure to move YF reports from the test server to the production server? or we can use the same method on same server? thanks

Is there a procedure to move YF objects from the test environment to the production environment?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Ronnie,

This is typically possible, but will not always work and is not highly recommended, as there have been a lot of large changes between 7.1 and 7.3.

Using the import/export feature you can move reports between any server and environment of your choosing, but we typically recommend that you keep your test and production environments within a few builds of each other, as patterns and errors observed in on environment may not be applicable to the other.

Please let me know if I have not answered your question!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

I still wore about "keep your test and production environments within a few builds of each other, as patterns" any example for that!; because the data source and view different between test and production each once map to different database server.

Thanks

Thank you Nathan for your feedback,

photo

Hi Ronnie,

When you import a report, you have the option to choose whether the dependencies(view and data source) come with it. If you already have these in the new environment, you can choose what view and data source to place that report on top of. As long as your other environment's view and data source contain the same columns that are used within the report, you should not face any problems.

Please let me know if you run into any problems with this.

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Great, sounds good to me. Thanks

Best Regards,

Ronnie Abrahiem

photo
photo

Hi Ronnie,

I am going to set this ticket to closed for now, but if there is anything else I can do to help here, please just let me know and the case will be re-opened!

Regards,

Nathan

photo

Hello Nathan,

Yes, please you can closed it. Thank you again for your support.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file