Is there any way to change the descriptions in Yellowfin?

Renato Marcello dos Reis shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi guys,

There are some texts on Yellowfin that are not yet translated on my current installed language and I was wondering if I can do it by myself by changing it these texts.

Here's an example.

409b0cb7906e76ece4bc1f2ece310f11Thanks in advance.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Renato,

Thanks for reaching out. You can indeed alter this yourself. In looking at the ApplicationResources_pt.properties file I can see that the two specified configurations are not translated in this file:

On lines 9856 and 9858.

You can find this file by extracting the i4-core.jar file found in <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib:

/AxfklK+LE4kYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

To the .../WEB-INF/classes folder. The full directory where you will now find your Application Resources file will then be <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/com/hof/

After editing the translation in the file, save the file and restart Yellowfin and you should be good ot go.

Please let me know how goes.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks a lot Mike, it worked well. I just have one last question if I can. When we do apply any update in the future those changes will reset to standard values?

photo

Hi Renato,

That's good to hear. I haven't updated my 7.4 to 7.4.10 yet, so I'll make some changes in that Application Resources file and see what happens. I'll let you know in a little bit.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Renato,

I just added a few extra words to my file and it looks like the changes stuck:

/2IHND96AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Folder still shows my last modified times as expected:

/Dwuy2sMfh1LSAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

So I think you'll be good to go moving forward.

Regards,

Mike

photo

So that's it Mike, it's all I wanted to hear.

Thank you very much for your help.

photo

Hi Renato,

You're welcome! I'll go ahead and close this case out then.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file