Hide co-display reports that contain no data

Pratap Singh shared this idea 6 years ago
Not Planned

Currently, if the filters of a child report result in no record returned, the co-display report will still show but with the "no results returned" message. Would it be possible to include a setting to remove this report entirely in that case?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Pratap,

I think that's a good idea that would produce a more aesthetically pleasing report, so I have gone ahead and raised an internal enhancement request for it (YFN-9175).

Thank you for your contribution.

regards,

David

photo

Hi Pratap,

Hope you're having a good week. Just wanted to let you know that this item has been reviewed and unfortunately do not have any plans to implement this feature.

We think while reports that return no data, are not useful for some, in reality are useful for most.

The way we see if, if you are including a report, it's for a reason, so if there is no data on that report, that tells it's own story. Should that story alert further action? Look into data, report SQL etc.

It can also cause confusion if a user is used to seeing 2 reports, and then one day only receives 1.

Hope this all makes sense and of course if there was anything else you were after in the meantime, please let me know.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file