Chart Interacting/Filtering Not Working

Gokul Devunuri shared this problem 4 years ago
Resolved

Hello YF Community,

I'm trying to filter out the selection in charts and the chart does show the filtered values but the data in the table doesn't change.

I believe the data in the table also changed as we change the filters in the chart previously.

Is this a expected behaviour or a bug ?

We are using YF 7.4.9

Current Schema Version: 20190205

Current Code Version: 20190205

Thanks,

Gokul

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Chart brushing is typically restricted to the Chart you are working with. In other words, this will not generally affect a displayed table.

There are exceptions, however. If the chart is part of a Dashboard, it's possible to configure a link between the brushing and report filters:

/Vf6vvf2eWOeO+NL+fjckd91+kJyv2xXLA1Otz+P+pCDwydld9hAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

In a scenario such as this, brushing a chart will feed the filters of a report and will update the relevant charts / data tables that are linked in this way.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the response.

I'm aware of the Chart brushing at Dashboard level.

I was wondering if the Chart Brushing at report level would change the data in the display table - I thought this feature worked at some time ( I'm not able to replicate this again, Maybe I'm wrong)

But Can Chart Brushing at Report Level be implemented in future build to affect the data in display table.

Thanks,

Gokul

photo

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for the response. Currently brushing is designed to influence what a user sees on the chart. When working at a report level, it does not filter the report table. I do want to let you know that we have an existing Idea post to add this feature here. Please feel free to add your vote and subscribe to said post in order to show your support for such a feature.

Since this is already an existing Idea post, further tracking should be done there. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Gokul,

I wanted to check in and see if you had any further questions before I mark this as Resolved. If I don't hear back I'll presume we're OK to close this out.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Sure Ryan.

Thanks for your support. You can close this ticket.

photo

Hi Gokul,

Happy to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file