Do not refresh screen when editing Field Settings during View Prepare

Jess Bugarin shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

When editing Field Settings, after moving to a new object the window refreshes, collapsing the left navigation folder system. This means that the admin has to reselect the folder to find the next object. This is time consuming when making edits to a long list of objects. It is frustrating to wait for the screen to refresh and frustrating to have to go hunt down the folder and the next object. It makes building views take twice as long as it should.

The screen and selection should stay where you are at.

Replies (3)

photo

Disable Auto Refresh, so that it allows you to finish your task.

photo

Hi Jess,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

Disabling the auto-refresh setting Janardhana referred to below should keep the window from refreshing on you, does this help achieve the functionality you're looking for?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi, it looks like you're referring to the Auto Refresh toggle that is on the Prepare screen in View building. I turned this off and it has no impact on this experience. I actually can't tell what Auto Refresh being off is supposed to do. Nothing changes when I tick it off, I still get the loading animation whenever I change anything in the Prepare screen, and I get not data results when it's on.

If there's a different location for the setting you're referring to I'm interested in trying it. The fewer times I can get that loading animation the better.

I've attached a quick video of the experience with Auto Refresh off. In it you can see that I have to expand the Dimensions folder each time I make changes to a field and want to move on to the next one.

photo

Hi Jess,

Thanks for clarifying the issue with a video, that was very helpful!

I've gone ahead and created an enhancement request to development with the information provided. Updates to the request will be provided here as they are available. I will mark this as Idea Logged for now; feel welcome to reply here with further related inquiries.

Thanks,

Eric

photo
photo

Hi Guys,

This functionality has been added in recent builds 9.0, 8.0.4, and 7.4.11 -

"Fixed an issue in the View Builder Field Settings that a field category was not kept open after one field was changed and another field in the same category was selected"

As such I will mark this idea as Completed.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file