Dashboard Filter

Kalaiselvan shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

In Dashboard, i have three sub tabs, i am using the 'Parameter' field as filter. In that i couldn't link the parameter to all the reports. Like the attached screenshot i see the four filter fields. I tried with Group filter also, but no luck. Is that somehow i can create a global filter to apply in sub tabs as well or instead of four filter i should see only one should apply to all reports in my dashboard? Could you please check and advice (Yellowfin Version 7.4.9).

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

It states in the application itself that Parameters cannot be linked to other reports:

/ohSVc0oSAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

So if you want to apply Parameters to multiple reports I'm afraid they will have to be separate Parameters specific to each report.

There is an existing enhancement request to add the ability to link parameters between reports on a dashboard, but it is has yet to be chosen for enhancement. The public Idea for this can be found here. You can follow that Idea item for any potential future updates. Also feel free to place a vote for this idea in said item as well.

In the case that your filters are already linked to the proper data in the Linked Report section, just make sure only one of the reports' filter's is selected next to Filter Display, like you can see in my example above. If you have 4 reports on a dashboard with the "Period Date P..." filter/field, only one of these reports filters needs to be selected to be displayed. The others shouldn't also have, as per my example, Athlete Region chosen, otherwise it would display more than once.

Hopefully this clears things up. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I just wanted to check in and see if this addressed your query and if we're okay to close this case out.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. Since Parameter can't be linked to all the reports in dashboard, i will try with different field in order to link. I will get back to you if any issues.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, or if you require assistance upon trying this out, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I have used filter group in Dashboard in order to split the parameter filter for each tab. Yes, you can mark this as answered.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for your response and for confirming your resolution!

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file