Conditional Formatting Templates?

Lisa Wood shared this idea 6 years ago
Not Planned

It would be useful to be able to able to copy a column and then change the field it references. I have a report that requires a lot of conditional formatting on the cells and I am having to re-do the same thing over and over.

If I could just set up one column with all the formatting, and then copy that column and change the data it references it would make it a lot easier.

If calculated fields could be copied also this would be handy too.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Lisa,

Are you able to give me an example of how you are using the conditional format, as I want to see if there is a feasible workaround, and if not, ensure that I raise something that will give you what you were after.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi,

The conditional formatting I am doing is to replicate a heat map style, as the built in heat map does not give me many formatting options so I cannot get it to look how we want it to look. I can get closer if just using  table with formatting (not ideal as then the values need to be hard coded instead of relative for green to red).

As such I have 9 statements for different grades of colour, but this has to be applied to every column of which there are quite a few. If I could set a template it would make it much easier (and also in other instance of formatting tables where I have found myself repeating the same things a few times).

Cheers,

L

Lisa Wood  |   Senior Analyst |  Analytics and Performance

Victorian Public Sector Commission | 3 Treasury Place Melbourne Victoria 3002

p. 03 9651 0618 | e. lisa.wood@vpsc.vic.gov.au | www.vpsc.vic.gov.au

The VPSC offices are located on the land of the Traditional Owners, the people of the Kulin Nations. We acknowledge their history, culture and Elders both past and present.

To:        Lisa Wood/VPSC/VICGOV/AU@DPC,

Date:        10/04/2017 12:24 PM

Subject:        New Comment in "Conditional Formatting Templates?"

photo

Hi Lisa,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Thanks for the extra info, but are you able to provide me with a bit more info, e.g. What options does the heat map not have?

Reason being, it might make more sense to address that, rather than have a feature change which may not be feasible.

Trying to look at all options to give you what you were after.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

The extra formatting we need for the heat maps are around the labels, their size (row height etc.) and text wrapping them. (for both the row text and the column text)

We also need to be able to set the column/group names at the top, it seems that they can currently only appear at the bottom. I think those were the main issues with us being able to use the heat map for our purposes.

Cheers,

L

photo

Thanks Lisa, I believe some of what you're after is covered here .

However, with the label grouping at the top, I'm able to achieve that:

1ddfb427cf02da9416557a7e163f0bbc

Can you please provide a detailed example of your current YF Data builder, along with what you want the chart to do?

I really just want to ensure what you're after is not already possible, or if it has already been logged. But most importantly, if it's not currently possible, to ensure that I lodge exactly what you're after. Nothing worse than saying "Yup we can now supprot it" and it not fitting your use-case.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

David

photo

Hi Lisa, Just want to check in on this before I move this to not planned.

After a little bit of extra info to help me understand your needs vs current functionality and if I can move this to a formal request.

Regards,

David

Leave a Comment

Attach a file