Editting report removes conditional formatting from calculated field

Robert Sipe shared this problem 5 years ago
Defect Fixed

When editing or copying a report, conditional formatting is removed from columns that are also calculated fields. We are on 7.3+ build 20180409.

This seems like it was supposed to be fixed in 7.3 - 20170523: 653 - Fixed issue with conditional formatting disappearing when user edits a report

Is the calculated field an added twist that needs to be corrected?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out. I don't think this is related to using Calculated Fields. Xavier Ona, also at Credible, logged this as well the other day. I mentioned that the issue that persists comes down to reports that are built using Sub-Qeuries, and also only occurs in 7.3, but all works as expected in 7.4.

Can you confirm whether the report you're using also contains Sub-Queries? This way I can link this also to that existing defect.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike - I checked the report and it is using an append sub-query to another view. The column with the conditional formatting is the data from that sub-query.

Rob

photo

Hi Robert,

Thanks for confirming. This is indeed of the same defect I described previously. I've made note in our internal task that you've too noticed this behavior. Also as previously mentioned of course, the solution here would be to update, but if that's not possible I'm afraid there's no workaround I can think of here. Either way, I'll keep you posted on any potential updates regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Mike,

Any update on this DEFECT ?

Kind Regards,

Asif Bhat

photo

Hi Asif,

There's no update on this as of yet. As a reminder, this issue does not occur in 7.4. I've requested an update on this case.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Robert,

Just writing to let you know this has been fixed and will be included in the next build of 7.3. I'm trying to obtain an ETA for said build.

Alternately, if you can make your way to 7.4, it's included in the latest build of that, which is 7.4.10.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I am having the same issue on 7.4.9, just to confirm was this defect fixed as of 7.4.10? Earlier in this post you mentioned it should work in 7.4 so just wanted to double check.

Thanks

Laura

photo

Hi Laura,

Thanks for reaching out. The fix for this task was indeed published in 7.4.10. In my initial testing I found this to be working 7.4.7, but we later discovered it affected all then-currently supported versions: 7.3, 7.4 and 8, so a fix has been developed for each version and the 7.4 one is found in 7.4.10.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file