Unnecessary error in application logs

Pratiksha Rane shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

We have received one case where customer reported that below unnecessary error are getting generated in smartreporting.log

ERROR (AutoChartCreator:determineChartType) - Unable to determine chart type for auto chart

As per the yellowfin this issue has fixed in Yellowfin 7.3 to Build 20180226 version .

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/problem-with-charts

Customer is on 18.08 patch 01 where Application version is 7.3 and build version is 201810004. However he is still able to see that errors in the logs.

Customer wants to know how to disable this logging as due to this file size is increasing.

May I know how can we fix this issue ?

Regards

Pratiksha

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. The error message seen here is typically a benign message that doesn't indicate any issues within the application. It's possible to suppress these messages for the class specified by adding an entry to the <YellowfinInstall>/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/log4j.properties file. The following would disable logging for the class in question:

log4j.category.com.hof.mi.charting.auto.AutoChartCreator=OFF

This should suppress logging for the specified class, as requested.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I wanted to check in and see if this answered your question.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I haven't heard back from you for some time. I'm going to mark this as Answered, but please don't hesitate to let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file