Broadcast: FTP

Hugo Mendoza shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi there -

For the Broadcast feature, I know that you can save the report output to an FTP location, assuming the scheduler provides FTP connection criteria. How about a notification? Would the scheduler also be able to fire off an email telling a user or users that the file is in a specific FTP location, with the hyperlink in the email?

Hugo

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I don't see a way to do this currently, though I it may be possible to implement in future versions by creating an enhancement request to developers. There's also the possibility of configuring this type of behavior on the FTP server side as well, it looks like BrickFTP has a notification capability for example. Of note it looks like there's also third party solutions like this -

http://www.niwotnetworks.com/ygf/ygf.html

Would you be interested in getting this to developers for investigation?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi there Eric -

Thank you for the quick response, very helpful. If you don't mind, yes, let the developers know about this.

Hugo Mendoza

photo

Thanks for the reply, Hugo, glad I could help! I've gone ahead and created an enhancement request for the option to have email notifications on FTP broadcasts. This ticket has been attached to the request and updates will be provided here as they are available. I'll go ahead and mark this ticket as Idea Logged; feel welcome to reply here with further related inquiries.

Best,

Eric

photo

Great, thank you Eric!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file