Configuration setting for timeline

Abhijeet Teli shared this idea 6 years ago
Idea Logged

Dear Team

One of our customer has requested to have a facility to set configuration for timeline, as a part of configuration below task should be able to set.

1. User should be able to set how long history should be recorded and shown into the timeline

2. Way to clean timeline entry from the database

3. Enable/Disable timeline

4. what all things we need to show on the timeline.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,

Mayur

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Mayur,

Thanks for reaching out with your Idea.

We already have an existing Enhancement Request for item 1. It's logged and would allow clients to delete old posts, archive, or have a way to define the number of days that load. I think this particular request effectively covers your first two points.

For point 3, this functionality already exists. To disable Timeline, you can edit a Role's settings and disable the timeline for the role in question (or all roles for that matter). This can be found under 'Collaboration' in the Role Settings page:

e77c023342ad815c5390af88f01667bf

Disabling this prevents users from accessing their timeline.

Can you expand on point 4 a bit? I'm unsure as to exactly what you're requesting.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

To make people aware, if you disable the Timeline for a role and you are using 7.4.7 or 8.0.x, you will not be able to access Tasks for that user. Tasks do still work for a disabled timeline role for versions 7.4.8 and 7.4.9

photo

Hi Lex,

Thanks for reaching out with this information. This sounds like Defective behavior, and I would encourage you to submit a ticket if you are finding that disabling the Timeline prevents the user from accessing Tasks. Here's an example user that has the Timeline disabled in my 8.0.1 test box:

dacce93487f4c4b4ad26db06192977be

Happy to take this into a private ticket if you're finding differing behavior.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hmm, I will double check, it definitely doesn't work in 8.0, I''ll look at 8.0.1 when I have a chance.

photo

Hi Lex,

Sounds good. Don't hesitate to let us know if the issue still exists in 8.0.1 and we can look at replicating it.

Regards,

Ryan

photo
photo

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your response

Regarding 4, as there are many activities which we could show on the timeline like report created , report ran, new task assigned, comments added, etc.

User should be able to configure what all is being shown on the timeline, if someone just want to record new report creation across the client organization then timeline should show only feeds about new report creation across the organization.

Do let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,

Mayur

photo

Hi Mayur,

Thanks for the clarification there. I've logged this as an Idea for future development and will keep this post updated with further relevant information.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file