Date functions in Widgets

Janardhana A Raju R shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

I am using Text Widgets to display my report titles and sub titles along with report run date, week of the month etc.

How can i present titles in the report with date functions or some other customized labels.

Example:

ABC Report as on 29-04-2019

Actual Week: 17

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Janardhana,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. It's possible to use Text Widget Parameters to accomplish this, as documented here.

I've used Ski Team to provide an example. In my report I created a Freehand SQL Calculated field to runt he CURDATE() function:

f84fda16a8af72fc7ece14032cdb5198

I then added this field to my report as the first column. Since this returns a repetitive result into my table, which I don't want, I hid the field:

447079e6404d0220c4050204de1d40b9

I then created my two charts to enable canvas and moved to the 'Design' tab.

From here I can create my Text Widget Parameters. I'll use the parameter

[total:1:MAX]
to display the current date from the hidden column (my hidden column is 1). Here's my example canvas:

8e584fc9412cd2f305f637148d51ec73

When I click 'Preview' you can see that the current date is returned in my parameter:

303df684ccddfc229e4a86524a600a49

Note that you may also be able to do this by displaying the filter value, if you're using a dynamic date filter. Please let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Janardhana,

I wanted to check in and see if you had any further questions on this.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Janardhana,

I haven't heard back from you for some time, so I'm going to mark this as Answered. If you have further questions on this please let me know.

Regards,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file