Specify Fields for Drill Anywhere Pop-up

Kalaiselvan shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Hi Team,

Can we implement a way to specify at a report level which fields will populate the Drill Anywhere pop-up?

When all the fields of my View are returned, it's difficult for end users to navigate.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. Currently this functionality is enabled at the View level. You can find out more information on our Wiki here. Please let me know if I've misunderstood your question.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

H Ryan,

Thanks for your response. Forget to mention, i already refer the wiki page regarding this, but what i need is to set list of fields at report level in order to restrict fields to users. If i set at view level then that will be restrict for another report requirement.

Eg

List of fields for Drill anywhere

1. Report one - Customer, Year, Email, Phone number

2. Report two - Customer, Product, Sales amount, Invoice

Please let me know if you need any further details to check this

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I fully understand, so I'll summarize your response as I understand it.

You want to restrict what fields a user can drill anywhere with at a report level instead of a view level.

If this is correct, unfortunately that's not currently possible. I'm also not sure how that could be implemented, since a user building the report would have the ability to manipulate these settings if they existed at a report level.

The only way to accomplish this would be to create copies of the same View and enable drill anywhere as required for the set of reports intended for that View.

I'm happy to submit an Idea post if you can provide an example of how you would expect this to work.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

Please find the attached .gif for your reference, if i use drill anywhere it give list of all fields (more then 200 fields) and there is no search option to find my required field for drill, which is very difficult to use this analysis style.

Instead of this, at report level (on specific report) if the report creator or admin set a list of fields which will allow the end user to select desired field to drill further. Other reports can have the list of all fields from view.

If this is possible, then it will make life easier rather then editing view to restrict the fields for drill anywhere.

Hope this clarify my requirement. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Kalaiselvan

photo

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thank you for the clarification. Since this isn't currently possible, I'm going to go ahead and convert this over to an Idea. I'll also update the original post a bit to reflect your last comment.

We'll keep this post updated with further information regarding whether this is chosen for our future roadmap.

The only way to limit this currently would be to build smaller Views for specific report sets.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file