Silent DB Upgrade - Specify Log Output Directory

Vishal Lahane shared this idea 4 years ago
Idea Logged

Can we implement the ability to specify the output directory for the log files generated during a silent install / upgrade?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for submitting your suggestion. I've logged this for review by our Development Team and will keep this post updated with further information regarding whether this is chosen for our future road map.

In the meantime, note that the log will be output in the current working directory. By changing to the directory in which you want the file to generate, you can effectively come to this same solution in the current working conditions.

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

If user not provided any log file path as extra parameter in silent install then it should behave as default i.e log file in working directory from where we ran yellowfin jar.

Thanks,

Vishal

photo

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for the additional information. In my testing I've found that what you've described is currently the behavior of the silent installer. Are you finding different results?

Thanks,

Ryan

photo

Hi Ryan,

currently logs generated in working directory that is fine for now but in future if yellowfin implemented "Specify Log Output Directory" then it should behave like "If user not provided any log file path as extra parameter in silent install then it should behave as default i.e log file in working directory from where we ran yellowfin jar."

Just suggested this what I think of.

Thanks,

Vishal

photo

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for the clarification. I'll keep this post updated with further information on this.

Thanks,

Ryan

Leave a Comment

Attach a file