cant make a treemap

Nikolaus Gribb shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Im having trouble creating a tree map

Replies (9)

photo

Problem is I needs the The 'boxes' need to be made up of the labels and each box is a 'swath'

photo

Also, typed comments dont appear using google chrome, I have to guess the test is OK

photo

Hi Nikolaus,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

Apologies for the community issues, the comments section is not working in the newest versions of Chrome, you can use a different browser or an older version of Chrome as a workaround until our upgrade is complete, which should be in the next week.

It looks like if you have more than one field as a label on a tree map, "swaths" are created. You'd like to have the option to put labels inside the boxes as opposed to outside, is that what I'm understanding?

This would likely come to pass as a software enhancement. If you'd like I can create a developer request to add this option to future versions, would you like to proceed in that fashion?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

I want it to look somthing like this, where the size = expected value

photo

Hi Nikolaus,

I was able to make an example treemap that may cover your needs -

0d78e3b32a69902ecf3160aeeedc58d6

The issue is if you wanted to add additional metrics to the chart, you get the labels outside the box -

55235229a306112beddc693f5d25145b

You could have multiple treemaps to show each metric in your table, but if you wanted to have values contained in the box, it looks like this is not possible currently.

Would this setup cover your needs?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

It seems I will need a dimension that includes a metric type in my data, is this correct?

photo

According to the chart description, this looks to be correct -

4b87e2ec91f66480d32ff19c81434093

Would you be able to make adjustments to your data to utilize this chart style?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

mMaybe

photo
photo

Hi Nikolaus,

Just wanted to check in; were you able to get your treemap set up successfully?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Nikolaus,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this as Answered due to inactivity. Feel welcome to reply here with further related issues.

Best Regards,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file