Database to save csv reports

Moncho Rey Raposo shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

sdfadsfsI need a local database to store some reports thain csv dadfa

Replies (6)

photo

I am not able to edit the text box properlyu.

photo

Hi Moncho,

Sorry for the issues with the community! a recent google chrome update is to blame here, you will have better luck if you can revert to an older version of Chrome, or use a different browser as a workaround until our community update is complete, which should be within the next week. Once you can see what you are typing haha, could you provide a few more details on your situation?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi

I have some CSV files that I want to store locally on my laptop (running Ubuntu). I used a YF columnar DB but when i shut down the service for Easter the data is not there. The structure of the reports is, on the other hand.

Is there a way to store these CSV locally in a permanent way?

Thank you in advance

Moncho

Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:09:17 PM

To: Moncho Raposo

Subject: New Comment in "Database to save csv reports"

photo

Hi Moncho,

Thanks for your accommodation with the community issue.

When you import a CSV into Yellowfin, it creates a table in the data source schema that you uploaded it into, and the CSV data is stored inside this table.

As an example and potential solution in your case, I have installed a copy of MySQL to my local machine, and created a schema in MySQL called "CSV,." I then added the new data source to Yellowfin, identifying it as Writable in the YF data source settings, which also gave me the option to make it the default for csv uploads.

14ad45cdf40d506e4bf966b3f8ec1d44

From here, I created a new report, using the "load csv" option. I could see my new "mysql csv" data source in the list. I then chose the csv file I wanted to uploaded, and prepared and published the resulting View based on the data.

I then could make a report using my csv data, that was now stored locally in the MySQL DB.

726a79fa11aff1dc94fe2cfc8d152c56

This table data and the report it was based upon had no issues persisting after the service was shutdown and restarted.

More information on working with CSV's can be found here -

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/CSV+Data+Imports

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/loading-csv

Does this info help get you a working local system set up for your data?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Thanks. I have followed the instructions and apparently it is working.

Thank you very much for your help.

Moncho

Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 20:00

To: Moncho Raposo

Subject: New Comment in "Database to save csv reports"

photo

Glad to help, Moncho! Happy to hear things are working for you. I will mark this question as Answered.

Best,

Eric

Leave a Comment

Attach a file