Cache Policy

YangyangCai shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi Team,

Hope you are having a good day today.

Our team wants to know that is there any cache policies we could setup to cache the view value at backend like every 30 minutes, then our report will read data from cached view rather than live querying database?

We would like to know every functions we could apply to improve our reports performance.

Regards,

Nancy

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Nancy,

Just to let you know, that 7.2 has reached it's end of life for any updates and for bug fixes. As this is the case, we highly recommend that you consider upgrading to a later release for either 7.4 or version 8. We have specific upgrade guides on this, for which you can find here. Some of the links below will also not be supported on 7.2

We have some best practices guides on performance which you find here.

There is also some specific caching information, for which you can find here.

There are also some performance improvements you can make in the Admin console under Configuration / Views.

For the View specifically you can also look at your View Caching information which you can find here. (7.4 +)

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Nancy,

Just checking in again on this ticket to see if you need anything else?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I will discuss this with our team to decide if we need to upgrade to 7.2+.

Regards,

Nancy

photo
photo

Hi Nancy,

No problems at all. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Nancy,

Hope you had a good weekend.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me at the moment to resolve this or are you happy for me to close this off?

Regards,

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

We are happy to close this ticket for now. Our team is testing YF 8's cache view function, will come back if have any issues.

Regards,

Nancy

photo
photo

Hi Nancy,

That sounds like a great idea and yes always reach out if you need more help. I will close this off for now.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file