Unable to export reports to XLSX format

Pratiksha Rane shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Our customer is facing issue while exporting the reports to XLSX format . When they tries to export into XLSX it throws the error 'Exception Details' . Please refer the attached screenshot.

Export to another format works fine without any error.

Yellowfin Version : 7.35

Build version :20170512

Please refer the attached logs

Regards

Pratiksha

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

Thanks for reaching out. Is this happening only in one report or in every report? If this is happening in only one report, what are some aspects of that report that make it differ from other reports where it's working (uses sub-queries, co-displays, etc.)?

Really though, whether it's one report or all, you're on a very old build and there have been many defects fixed related to report exports, and especially XLSX exports. As such, can you please update to the latest BMC 7.3 build and re-test? No matter the outcome, for example finding a new defect, upgrading will be a necessity anyway to resolve any issue found, so trying this in the latest build would be a necessity here to either investigate further or resolve the issue. Please let me know of your findings and whether you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike ,

Thanks for your response.

The issue is with all reports when we try to export into XLSX. Did you get anything in the logs ?

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

The only seemingly relevant snippet from within the logs contains an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds error:

/AXs+IxMEbBSlAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Although I'm also wondering if it could be your proxy settings causing this. In a standard Yellowfin environment, if an XLSX export failed, user's would not be redirected to a page that looks like this:

I believe every URL in SmartReporting is made to be static and referenced somewhere in the file structure, perhaps in the web.xml, though I'm not entirely sure. Whoever's responsible for the SmartReporting integration might know this. It could be worth looking into whether /MIReportOutput.i4 is included as one of the pages you're able to hit in your particular instance.

Regards,Mike

photo

Hi Mike ,

Could you please let us know where we can check this exactly .

Also you do think that increasing the java heap size will help here ?

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I'm unsure where BMC sets these parameters, but on the note of the JVM memory, this is a possibility. What is your JVM Max Memory set to? You can find this information under System Properties in your info.jsp file, which can be accessed by appending '/info.jsp' to your login URL. For example, localhost:8080/info.jsp.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike ,

The current memory values are as below

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xms2048m -Xmx8192m"

Regards

Pratiksha

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I'd think that memory allocation should be sufficient. While I don't know where BMC makes those static references, I neglected to mention where the Proxy Server settings are configured, which is set here: https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/user80/Configuration#Configuration-System in Configuration > General Settings. Of course the Proxy Server settings themselves are configured elsewhere.

Since you're on a very old build of 7.3 though (nearly 2 years old), what I'd be most curious of is whether this still occurs upon upgrading. Would it be possible to update to latest build then re-test? Many defects relating to exports, including XLSX exports have been logged and resolved since then. Besides, ultimately, even if a defect were discovered the end result would be the same - an update would be required in order to resolve the issue, so I think the next step here would simply be to upgrade and let me know result of exporting to XLSX upon doing so.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Pratiksha,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

When we hit the url with /MIReportOutput.i4 we get error information missing

photo

we do not add any static references anywhere in our code.

photo

we have 2 same environments but only one has this issue.

photo

photo
photo

It only fails when we have format column and row size option checked, let me know if i should create a formal Ticket from BMC

photo

Hi Tarun,

It's not necessary to open a separate ticket for this. The only thing I'll need is screenshots of where and which column and row size options you're referring to so I can attempt replication.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

H Mike,

Even we can't reproduce it inhouse, this is specific to a customer environment , let us know if you would like to see the issue over webex

Regards,

Tarun Pandey

photo

Hi Tarun,

As I'm sure you're aware, if we can't replicate the issue, our hands are pretty much tied.

Before proceeding any further though, please have the customer update to latest 7.3 build and test to see if the issue still occurs. Several defects related to exports, specifically XLSX exports, have been developed over the past 2 years.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Tarun,

Just wanted to check in and see whether the customer is able to update their instance and re-test any time soon or if we can close this case for now until they can go ahead and do so. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Tarun,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered for now since I haven't heard back from you, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file