Filter for days prior to today's date (late items)

Paul Dandurand shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I'm using Yellowfin for a project management app and would like to list all late tasks. The view table is set up nicely with tasks and their start and due dates, now I'm trying to figure out create a report to list a count of tasks that are late, which means all tasks that have a due date and that due date is prior to today. Thanks for any tips!

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out. There are several ways to achieve this depending on your requirement, report setup and even the data itself. As such, these type of questions are not typically handled by Support, but rather fall more in the realm of Consulting, given the need to work with your exact data. That said, I can give some potential solutions and ideas to get you going, but I'll probably require more information... screenshots of your report, for example.

Without having more info, I can say you could potentially do something like this:

Here I set the Due Date filter to Less than Today:

/wNgFOr8pPuuLwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

This eliminated 3 rows from my report.

I then created a calculated field to count the remaining open tasks:

/fz+HAEIiLOr0AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

And clicked the arrow next to the field name > Totals > SUM, which is why you see '2' at the bottom of that column, and is the correct amount of past due tasks from before today. Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

That was what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

Great! I'll go ahead and close this case out then.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

I thought I was posting to the Community rather than Yellowfin Support. I didn't realize I had created a case. Should I be posting questions like this in a different place where people in the community can chime in?

Thanks,

Paul

photo

Hi Paul,

This is indeed where you post public questions. However, questions are still marked as Answered if an answer's been provided and confirmed an adequate response. I can keep this open for another week or so in the hopes of receiving additional input though if you'd like.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Got it. You can close this case. Thanks.

photo

Hi Paul,

Sounds good. Thanks for confirming.

As a side note to anyone reading this: Commenting is not disabled when a question is marked as Answered, so you can still provide additional insights or other methods at any time.

Regards,

Mike

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file