View Logs / Events of Scheduled Report Broadcasts

rithesh krishnan shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello,

Is possible to view logs/events of scheduled report broadcasts. We are having a scenario where the users are complaining that they are not receiving the reports even though their email address is added. We would like to share the users the broadcast details that includes recipients and also the status - whether its success or failure with its reason. (The solution can be from UI or from the Reports DB).

Thanks,

Rithesh Krishnan

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Ritesh,

Yellowfin does not record the email addresses in the "event" table. The "event" table will simply record whether the Broadcast has been run or has failed as a whole. The only way to get this information is from either the yellowfin log or email log (which can be found in /youryellowfininstall/appserver/logs)

The logs will show you if the email has been sent or whether it has failed and for which email.

It will also show the failure reason in each of the logs.

I.E. (email.log)

2019-02-28 12:49:55 INFO: To: System Administrator <admin@yellowfin.com.au>

2019-02-28 12:49:55 INFO: Subject: Testing

2019-02-28 12:49:55 INFO: Message ID: <687165026.24.1551358195221.JavaMail.paulthornton@Pauls-MacBook-Air.local>

2019-02-28 12:49:55 INFO: Email sent successfully

2019-02-28 12:51:54 ERROR: Error sending email: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: localhost, 2525; timeout 60000;

nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

I.e (yellowfin log)

YF:2019-02-28 12:49:55: INFO (ReportBroadcastProcess:runBroadcastTask) - About to email REPORT (70085) to admin@yellowfin.com.au

YF:2019-02-28 12:51:54: WARN (ReportBroadcastTask:A) - Error broadcasting report to person System Administrator: Couldn't connect to host, port: localhost, 2525; timeout 60000

Hopefully this helps you what you are looking for. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the update. I was able to locate the entries in email.log as you have given, but couldn't find the entries given for yellowfin log. In the yellowfin log, I could only locate an entry YF:2019:03:13 14:14:00: INFO (HtmlExporter:C) - Exporting report to HTML (12999: Test Report ) for the report.

Do I need to enable some settings to have a more detailed log? Please also note that the yellowfin that I am using is 7.1.

Thanks,

Rithesh Krishnan

photo

Hi Ritesh,

This is very strange. I tried this using 7.1 and can see the following entries in the Yellowfin Log as follows.

YF:2019-03-14 09:36:00: INFO (ReportBroadcastProcess:A) - About to email REPORT (53743) to admin@yellowfin.com.au

YF:2019-03-14 09:36:01: INFO (TaskScheduler:A) - Task finished successfully

There should be nothing you need to set as it should do this by default. Just letting you know also that Ver 7.1 and 7.2 are no longer supported and I highly recommend upgrading to either 7.4.9 or 8.0.1 when you can. Is this something you are looking to do at any stage?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Ritesh,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Ritesh,

Just checking in again on this ticket to see if you need anything else?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Ritesh,

Just letting you know, that I am going to close off this ticket as I have not heard back from you for some time. If you need anything else with this, please get back in touch.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file