Axis Sort By

Larry Beasley shared this problem 5 years ago
Resolved

Axis sort by is missing sort by date. Instead, options are to sort by data order, alphanumeric or another series. When the datatype is date then the sort should not be alphanumeric. Instead, there should be an option to sort by date. Otherwise, the only way to sort a chart by date, if the table is not sorted by date is to use ISO format (YYYY-MM-dd). Ideally, Data Order = Table, Alphanumeric = Alphanumeric, and a third option Default = Axis natural sorting

686ce0e488ecb929f98c6fb4dcf4b774

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Larry,

Thanks for getting in touch. There is no specific sort by Date option on the Axis. As you have mentioned the only options are Data Order, Alphanumeric and Series.

In this case if the ordering is not working as expected (as in not by date), try turning on Time Series as follows and see if this does what you are looking to do.

266d4eb7b1ec2b17234c86010e746c7c

Please let me know how it goes and if this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Larry,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Larry,

Just checking in again on this ticket to see if you need anything else?

Regards,

Paul

photo

Hi Larry,

Just letting you know, that I am going to close off this ticket as I have not heard back from you for some time. If you need anything else with this, please get back in touch.

Regards,

Paul

Leave a Comment

Attach a file