Group Data in Subquery

Gokul Devunuri shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hello YF Community,

I'm working on creating a simple bar chart by using Group Data. I was able to group data in a report builder but now I'm trying the same in Sub Query report and I don't think the Group Data is being applied to the Report or Chart.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gokul

Best Answer
photo

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

I'm attempting to replicate with our Ski Team DB to no avail -

added a grouped data field in Main query, this worked as expected (countries with letter A)

2563c623efbb1393ff9f1129fefd1323

I added a left outer join subquery (not a real outer join haha) -

8abbd66b4362900b28edf2517f05f7a7

Then I added a second grouped field to the subquery - this also "grouped" as expected, as did the main query:

Of course this isn't a real "outer join" which may impact the behavior. I will have to take more time to test tomorrow, but I do see some very old tickets in our system that may be related. Could you provide the version number and build date of your instance, along with some screenshots of your subquery setup?

Thanks,

Eric

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your issue.

I'm attempting to replicate with our Ski Team DB to no avail -

added a grouped data field in Main query, this worked as expected (countries with letter A)

2563c623efbb1393ff9f1129fefd1323

I added a left outer join subquery (not a real outer join haha) -

8abbd66b4362900b28edf2517f05f7a7

Then I added a second grouped field to the subquery - this also "grouped" as expected, as did the main query:

Of course this isn't a real "outer join" which may impact the behavior. I will have to take more time to test tomorrow, but I do see some very old tickets in our system that may be related. Could you provide the version number and build date of your instance, along with some screenshots of your subquery setup?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Gokul,

Just wanted to check in on this issue, are you still having trouble applying the group data functionality to your subquery report?

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

The solution you provided does work.

Thanks,

Gokul

photo

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for the response. Glad to hear everything is working for you now! I will go ahead and mark this ticket as Answered; feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Best Regards,

Eric

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file