Reset Password

Ronnie Abrahiem shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hello,

I want to reset password for all yellowfin users to “XXXXX100” or set flag to in force each user to change their password. The reason I asked for that because next week we are moving yellowfin to Yellowfin Linux Cloud.

Thank you

Ronnie A.

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Ronnie,

You've already submitted a private ticket regarding this. I've responded in that ticket and am closing this ticket as a duplicate.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Please see the link below :

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/reset-password-for-bulk-users

I would like to use the Password expired setup. Can I use this method and where and how set password. Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Mike,

Please any update on this. Thanks

Ronnie A.

photo

Hi Ronnie,

Thanks for your response. Sorry, I realize now I responded to the setting to "XXXXX100" aspect, which is not so easily accomplished, but did not address the fact that yes, you can batch reset passwords so that users are prompted to change their password upon logging back in. As mentioned in the link you provided this requires the user remembering their previous password, but all you'd have to do is set PasswordExpired to '1' for the corresponding user's in the 'ipclass' table:

12b6da18bf7edeacae326d3009e409d5

It looks like Nathan pointed out there might be a method of batch setting password's via web services, though this requires a pretty in-depth scripting language knowledge. The scripting of which I'm afraid is not something Support can assist with, but hopefully the db query method will be sufficient for your use case. Please let me know.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file