GETUSERTABS to return all dashboards that accessible to user in default and user organization

Roman Ivanov shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

I have problems to get all Dashboards (without SUBTAB) that is accessible to user from Default organization plus his own organization plus shared with him personally(and as group).

I try to use:

GETUSERTABS - https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=12879123#expander-control-802182755

But I do not get dashboards list from default organization, not sure what is wrong on my side.

Please let me know if I use proper service call to get it.

Suggest proper call is I miss smth or if that is not possible, how can I get this by SQL.

Replies (7)

photo

Hi Roman,

Thanks for reaching us.

I have tested this and found that at this stage it is not possible to get all the dashboards information which are accessible to the user.

Can you please explain me the scenario or reason for getting information of all the dashboards accessible by a user?

Do you want the information for all the dashboards which are not displayed on the Dashboard but has access to them if the user needs to?

We may lodge this as an enhancement request.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

We have default organization with has reports and dashboards accessible for all users.

We have special organizations witch has special reports and dashboards, which are accessible to all in organization and special reports/dashboards accessible for certain users. It works fine in YF UI web service.

But we want to integrate it with out other application, so when user is logged in, I need to get the same list of reports/dashboards (from all folders) that I can see in YF UI.

In other words I would like to get the same list of available entities as it is accessible in YF UI at "Browse" / "Browse ALL" / "Search Content"

If this is not possible now by AdminWebService , how can I get list from Yellowfin DB by SQL ?

photo

Hi Roman,

Sorry for delay.

I am waiting for response from developers to see if we can get a SQL query to find the information.

As developers are busy with the next release there is a bit of delay.

I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Roman,

I have discussed with developers. Unfortunately there is no quick query to do this and no existing service functions.

Sounds like this is bit complicated, but you can raise this as an enhancement request.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

can you consider this ticket as 'enhancement request' ?

or smth special need to be created ? where ?

photo

Hi Roman,

I will create an Idea ticket for you and respond on that to you.

In the future if you need to, you can do this on our community website.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Roman,

I have create new Idea over here ticket on your behalf. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA on this enhancement, as it has yet to hit our roadmap. Thank you for posting your product idea, we love to hear about new ways we can make the product even better and easier to use.

If anything changes I'll let you know. Though of course if there was anything else you were after in the meantime, please let me know. Regards,

Mahesh

photo

Hi Roman,

Sorry for delay in replying to this email.

Thanks for the information about the idea ticket. I have made a note internally.

Regards,

Mahesh

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file