Row Average Total in Chart

Gokul Devunuri shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hello YF Community,

I'm trying to find row average total.

In the screenshot, I'm able to breakdown into Count and Avg Days taken by a person.

For Average Days Total, the value displayed is (Approved Avg days + Rejected Avg Days)/2.

I'm trying to find a way for Average Days Total to give me the value of

(Approved Count*Approved Avg Days + Rejected Count*Rejected Avg Days)/Total Count

Is it possible to achieve this in YF ?

May be create a new Calculated field ?

Thanks,

Gokul

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for reaching out. The highlighted portion of your screenshot is the average as 16.70/1 = 16.70. The reason it's not calculating 16.70/2 is because there's no data in the corresponding Rejected Avg. Days column:

/w9jzlphs9TnvgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

If you want the calculation to be 16.70/2, you'll have to make your Avg. Days calculation include an IF statement where if x = NULL then '0', so that the value can become a part of the totals calculation.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Thanks Mike for such a quick response.

What I'm actually looking for is a calculated average of (Avg Days * Count of Status)

I have created Calculated field "Total Avg Days" with formula : Sum (Avg Days)/Count #

I get the Correct numbers in Count # and Total Avg Days group by the Status but the Total Avg Days Column under Total is just

(Approved Total Avg Days + Rejected Total Avg Days)/2

instead of

Sum (Total Avg Days)/ Count #

For Ex: For Approver Angette Hudson,

Approved Total Avg Days: 1.08

Rejected Total Avg Days: 3.33

Total Avg Days: 2.20 which is (1.08+3.33)/2 - round to 2 decimals.

What I'm looking for is

Approved Total Avg Days: 1.08

Rejected Total Avg Days: 3.33

Total Avg Days: 2.33

Sum (Total Avg Days)/ Count #

(842+213)/(451)

photo

Hi Gokul,

The Totals column performs calculations as determined by your chosen aggregation for the fields it's operating on. Doing a calculation such as 'SUM (Total Avg Days) / Count #' would have to be performed in a Calculated Field.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Gokul,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this. Are we okay to close this case out?

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Gokul,

I just wanted to check in and see if this information found you okay. Do you need further assistance?

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Mike,

Thanks for all the information.

You can close this ticket :)

Thanks,

Gokul

photo

Hi Gokul,

You're welcome! Thanks for confirming.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file