Hide a part of data on any chart from whole data set

Syed Rahman shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Attaching 2 screenshots wherein report has drill down from snapshot 1 to 2.

Snapshot 1 contains overall data (5545,5256,4872) monthly. When I click on any of the bar it drill down to next hirarchy (snapshot 2). I am showing only top 10 records and after 10 records the rest goes in other. Can I hide Other records to increase the visibility of top 10 records on the chart.

Regards,

Syed

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Syed,

Thanks for reaching out. I don't think what you're seeking is possible via Drill Down because with Drill Down, you're using the same data in the same report. I also think any alternative solutions may be a bit complicated. Let's say you have a 2-level hierarchy - Region and Country. If you want to Group 100 countries into a group called Other for example, then exclude them from your data set, it will affect the result set for the top-level Region hierarchy as well. A simpler test to prove this would be to add a filter for Country and just select UK as the filter value, for example. You'll then see only Europe shows up and not the other 4 regions.

To accomplish what you're after should be possible via Drill Through, however. You can pass your master reports' fields to a child report filter, where in that child report, all your 'Other' values are excluded from the result set via an additional filter. This way you're passing all the values you want to into a new report, and just excluding results from child report.

My Athlete Country filter value is set to Different from 'United Kingdom' in my child report I'm drilling into, so when I click Europe in the parent report, there's no UK when drilling into child report:

/wFp4UhGkCX4wgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Unfortunately though, you can't choose grouped values in your filtering, so you'd have to choose each result manually this method, but of course this is dependent on your data set. For example, if the 'Other' in your data set is something like 'results over the value of 100' or 'after 19/01/01', you'd just filter by 'values equal to or less than 100' or 'days less than 19/01/01' in the child report filtering, so when that report was opened from the parent report, values over 100 would be excluded, or days after 19/01/01 would be excluded, and so on.

I hope this is clear enough and that these pointers help. Ultimately, it's outside the scope of report to actually assist with building reports to your exact data specifications, but please let me know if you have any questions. I believe this should get you started at least.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information. You can close the ticket.

Regards,

Syed

photo

Hi Syed,

You're welcome. Thanks for confirming.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file